To our valued patients:
Swan Integrative Health and Wellness will remain open during this time of confusion with COVID-19. Both Amanda and Michelle will continue to see patients in the Glastonbury and New Haven offices until further notice. Please read the following notice carefully so you know how we plan to proceed with daily operations to keep you safe and supported:
- All currently scheduled in-office visits are still on.
- We are still scheduling follow-up visits for the immediate future. You can book these through the portal or call to speak with Becca for assistance.
- We are actively researching insurance reimbursement for telemedicine (virtual visits). We are hopeful that private insurers will approve coverage for these visits soon. If/when this occurs, you will have the option of switching your visit over to a virtual visit if you so desire. Our electronic health record is equipped to perform secure, HIPAA-compliant virtual visits, and for that we are grateful!
- You always have the option of paying cash for a virtual visit. This requires signing a waiver on the portal that says that you are opting out of using your insurance for this visit only. These visits are being offered at a discounted rate of $100 for a 30-minute follow-up. Payment can be made via the portal, check, or credit card.
- Husky/Medicaid has authorized payment for virtual visits as of March 13, 2020. If you have Husky/Medicaid as your primary insurance, we can conduct your visit virtually if you’d like.
- Please stay home if you have flu-like symptoms and report your symptoms to us or another qualified healthcare provider. This includes any temperature higher than 100 degrees F, shortness of breath, or coughing. Please let your provider know before your appointment if you have been on a cruise ship or traveled to any of the following countries in the past 14 days: China, Italy, Iran, Japan, South Korea.
- Please inform us or another qualified healthcare provider if you have had exposure to anyone with flu-like symptoms, i.e. fever, shortness of breath, cough or recently been quarantined or treated for COVID-19.
- If you decide to cancel your upcoming appointment, please do so in a timely fashion if possible. Due to present circumstances, we will waive late cancellation fees for the next several weeks. We cannot do the same for no-shows.
- Our office is equipped with plenty of hand soap and sanitizer. We ask you to follow the standard precautions outlined by the Centers for Disease Control when you come to your appointments. For the most accurate information, follow the CDC’s updates here: www.coronavirus.gov
We will update this notice as things change. Please be patient with our team as we navigate the many questions and concerns that are coming into the office. We are committed to helping our patients through this crisis, and expect a higher volume of portal messaging and phone calls in the coming weeks. We will prioritize medication refills and urgent issues, and will reply to all messages as quickly as we can.
Stay safe, wash your hands, and know that we will get through this! I look forward to the day, down the road a bit, when we look back on this experience and see all of the blessings that were hidden in the chaos.
Amanda, Michelle, and Becca